The largest collection of Art Furniture for sale in the UK
We are specialising in:
The Arts and Crafts Movement / Anglo-Japanese Movement / Aesthetic Movement / Gothic Revival / British and European Art Nouveau / Scandinavian Design / Architectural Antiques and Important Works of Art
From Circa 1850 to Circa 1950.
Our showrooms are stocked with art furniture, period lighting, including architectural, decorative items, and important works of art for period interiors, and the garden.
Museums and Interior Designers supplier
We supply Museums, Interior Designers, Architects, and Private Collectors around the world including hiring to the Film and TV industry. Liberty and Co of Regent Street supplying them for over 20 years with original Liberty pieces including 18 of their yearly exhibitions.
Some of the museums we have supplied to are:
- Blackwell House, for The National Trust, is a truly magnificent Arts and Crafts house designed by M.H. Baillie Scott overlooking Lake Windermere with interior woodwork by Arthur Simpson of Kendal one of my favourite furniture makers and designers.
- The National Trust for two William Morris museums and houses and Sutton Hoo in Suffolk.
- The Victoria and Albert Museum London.
- The Brohan Museum in Berlin "From Arts and Crafts to the Bauhaus. Art and Designs A New Unity in 2019.
- Museum Hofmobiliendepot in Vienna 2020. The Musee d' Orsay in Paris.
We supplied furniture to Jonathan Anderson for Loewe, installed at the UNESCO Building
in Paris for The Paris Fashion show in March 2018.
Some of the private collectors we have supplied to:
- Sir Andrew Lloyd Weber.
- Sir Frank Lowe (a private interior commission) including furniture for Beaverbrook Golf Club and Spar, also for Sir Frank Lowe
- Andy Murray
- John Paul Getty
To name but a few
We restore the furniture sympathetically with an expert understanding of the wood, tools, and finishes used from those Periods. We have been restoring furniture for over 35 years, and we all share the enthusiasm and passion for our award-winning restoration work.
As Tony says, "There is nothing like taking a piece of furniture that's worn out and tired from a long life of everyday use and sympathetically restoring it ready for another long life of loving use, and when the final wax has been polished off, I stand back and view the finished piece, the proud satisfaction it gives me makes the whole process a wonderful fulfilling joyful endeavor.